About This Site
This site is provided by the Bays Mountain Park Association (BMPA) and is managed by the BMPA History Committee volunteers who have a passion for Bays Mountain and its history.
Our mission is to research, document, and share the history of Bays Mountain in a way that respects our past heritage and educates future generations.
This site would like to thank the following people for contributing photos and documents featured on this site:
- The families who lived on and around Bays Mountain
- Karon Simpson who researched and organized numerous materials presented on this site
- Past and present staff members working at Bays Mountain Park
- “The Early Years on Bays Mountain” (1975) – by Muriel C. Spoden
- “Historic Sites of Sullivan County” (1976) – compiled by Muriel C. Spoden
- “Bays Mountain – One of the Lords Great Creations” (1978) – by Odell Harbour Dep